C38 HIKE –MUSCAT
The Riyam – Muttrah hike is a great way to spend an early morning or later afternoon if you don’t have too much time to devote to hiking in Oman. Embarking on this hike is like going back in time, about 40 years ago when times were simpler.
At the top of the climb, as you catch your breath, you’ll be treated to some great views of Riyam Park and the Sea of Oman. Mornings and afternoons are better for photography.
Afterward, the trail now descends into a wadi where an abandoned village remains can be found. The last stretch of the Riyam – Muttrah hike runs through a tight, rocky wadi.
The Riyam – Muttrah hike finishes at very old cemetery & once you hit the pavement you also are immediately transported back to current day Oman.
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR HIKING
- Wear good hiking shoes, the rocks can be slippery.
- Bring small Hiking bag to carry water, sun cream, etc.
- This is a desertic area; it gets hot, take 2 bottles of water with you.
- Plan 1h to 1h30min to the viewpoints with a steep section – should be rated as moderate
- This Track also goes all the way to Muttrah on path C38. Oman tourism has a map of the trail- 3 hours for the whole trail.
- Track is moderate level and can be done by all physically fit folks.
- Return transfer to Hotel in AC vehicle.
- Service of tracking guide.
- Mineral water (02 bottles each guest and have to carry by the guest themselves)
- Light refreshment at the end of hike at MattrahSouq (One sandwich & fresh fruit juice)
- Minimum 4Pax & Maximum 10 Pax (SIC basis)
- Subject to availability & weather conditions. (During Rain the trip will stand cancelled)
- Fridays & Saturdays Only
- Morning: 9.15 am to 1.00 pm (one hour in MattrahSouq)
- Evening: 3.pm to 7 Pm (one hour in MattrahSouq)
Note: Hike can be arranged on private basis with cost supplements.
50% payment upon the confirmation.
50% payment 15 days prior to arrival.
If cancelled 21 days prior to the arrival, no cancellation charges apply.
If cancelled less than 21 days 100% of the total invoice will be applied as cancellation charge.